On most days, 10 minutes of class
will be a quiz taken from the homework assigned on the previous day.
There will be no quizzes
on exam days or on the first or last day of class.
If (for any reason) we cannot hold a quiz as scheduled,
then we'll make it up on the next class day.
These will be based heavily on the homework.
For a quiz, you may use any notes that you made yourself,
so you may refer to your homework assignment if you did it.
However, you may not use your book or anything else not written by you.
You certainly should not talk to other people!
Calculators are allowed, although you shouldn't really need them.
When I return a quiz, I'll post my solutions here;
see the downloading help
if you have trouble reading them.
- Introduction to factoring polynomials:
- Basic factoring techniques:
- Advanced factoring techniques:
- More factoring:
- Solving equations through factoring:
- Rational expressions:
- Multiplying and dividing rational expressions:
- Adding and subtracting rational expressions:
- Complex rational expressions:
- Rational equations:
- Word problems:
- Graphing equations:
- Graphs of functions:
- Simplifying radicals:
- Adding, subtracting, and multiplying radical expressions:
- Dividing radical expressions:
- Date taken: November 21 Monday;
- Section of the textbook: §9.6.
- Radical equations:
- Date taken: November 28 Monday;
- Section of the textbook: §9.8.
- Complex numbers:
- Date taken: November 30 Wednesday;
- Section of the textbook: §9.9.
- Quadratic equations:
- Date taken: December 5 Monday;
- Sections of the textbook: §10.1.
- The quadratic formula:
- Date taken: December 7 Wednesday;
- Section of the textbook: §10.2.
- Equations of quadratic form:
- Date taken: December 9 Friday;
- Section of the textbook: §10.3.
- That's it!
Go back to the the course homepage.
This web page and the files linked from it
were written between 2003 and 2011 by Toby Bartels,
last edited on 2011 December 7.
Toby reserves no legal rights to them.
The permanent URI of this web page