On most days, 10 minutes of class
will be a quiz taken from the homework assigned on the previous day.
There will be no quizzes
on exam days or on the first or last day of class.
If (for any reason) we cannot hold a quiz as scheduled,
then we'll make it up on the next class day.
These will be based heavily on the homework.
For a quiz, you may use any notes that you made yourself,
so you may refer to your homework assignment if you did it.
However, you may not use your book or anything else not written by you.
You certainly should not talk to other people!
Calculators are allowed, although you shouldn't really need them.
When I return a quiz, I'll post my solutions here;
see the downloading help
if you have trouble reading them.
- Symmetry and intercepts:
- Systems of equations:
- Graphs of functions:
- Properties of functions:
- Piecewise-defined functions:
- Date taken: October 21 Friday;
- Section of the textbook: §3.4.
- Composition of functions:
- Inverse functions:
- Linear coordinate transformations:
- Word problems with functions:
- Distance and midpoints:
- Linear functions:
- Quadratic functions:
- Quadratic word problems:
- Exponential and logarithmic functions:
- Exponential and logarithmic expressions:
- Exponential and logarithmic equations:
- Exponential and logarithmic applications:
- Date taken: November 28 Monday;
- Sections of the textbook: §§6.7&6.8.
- Analysing factored polynomial functions:
- Date taken: November 30 Wednesday
- Section of the textbook: §5.1.
- Complex roots and finding roots:
- Date taken: December 2 Friday;
- Sections of the textbook: part of §5.6, §5.5.
- Finding complex roots:
- Date taken: December 5 Monday;
- Sections of the textbook: rest of §5.6.
- Rational functions:
- Date taken: December 7 Wednesday;
- Sections of the textbook: §§5.2&5.3.
- That's it!
Go back to the the course homepage.
This web page and the files linked from it
were written between 2003 and 2011 by Toby Bartels,
last edited on 2011 December 6.
Toby reserves no legal rights to them.
The permanent URI of this web page